Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mountain Man

And now it's time for a post that is not related to anything vintage at all! Yes, this is something fresh, brand new, popping -- the best band I have heard in a long time, to be exact. Even though they are making new music in the here and now they sound incredibly out of time, like they rose from the ashes of the Carter Family, et al. I think you will probably like them too, if you don't already. They are called Mountain Man.

Listen here if you like:

(p.s. they hold hands while they sing onstage, always.)

"Mouthwings"



Truly awesome, right?

"Animal Tracks"



"Soft Skin"



"Babylon"



This one really gets me cause it reminds me of listening to Don McLean with my mom as a kid and being so moved, and, more recently, of this incredible episode of Mad Men. It gives me chills, and I always love a round, don't you?

I can assure you they sound even more beautiful in person.

And if you are really curious to know more, I did an interview with the ladies back in February you can read here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what an amazing trio of voices, yes, definitely timeless and almost otherworldly even! Thanks so much for the introduction :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so happy you like. :) it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the show brings out these songs. I haven't seen much of Glee but when they resurrected Run Joey Run...the last I heard that it was on an AM station. PS: American Pie still makes me tear up unless I hear the Brady's sing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, whomever the music supervisor is at mad men, they do a superb job of it. last week's ep ending with "bleecker street" by s&g was killer. just dead on, always!

    ReplyDelete