Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Car Wheels and a Gravel Road



Our apartment has almost no windows (well, there's 3 total), and we face an air shaft between our building and the one next door, so my boyfriend and I are always trying to figure out ways to bring more light and especially air into our tiny living space. Forever now, tops on our list has been a screen door -- but how to find a screen door in SF?






















Screen door image from here.





















I love the country look of this one and the one above, but I don't know if I could find such lovely screen doors round these parts, realistically.

















Though I hate to give Home Depot my money, they do have this screen door, which is simple enough and ripe for a nice glossy coat of some bright color. Wonder if they have some options at the hardware store my dad used to work at. To be honest, I don't know the first thing about buying a screen door! We'll see if it actually happens! Regardless, measuring our front door would be a good start...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, do measure your door first for sure, haha! I would check out some salvage yards first. You never know, you might be able to find an old door with charm and character for a decent price. There's one over in Berkeley called Urban Ore that sounds amazing though I've never been, I'd love to go check it out one day though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lordy, at the rate we're going (we've been thinking about this off and on for 4 yrs), i just don't think it's really ever gonna happen. :) i think i have heard of urban ore and its fabulous-ness before...hopefully sometime i will get to check it out too!

    ReplyDelete